Landmark's Culture of Safety
Assuring the safety of students, school personnel, the public, subcontractors and Landmark employees is our highest priority. Districts appreciate the lengths Landmark goes to, from the very beginning of the project, to sequence construction activities needing extra precautions to avoid when school is in session. In addition, Landmark assesses the school site to install the most effective temporary barriers and buffers to increase site safety.
To meet the highest safety standards, Landmark has developed a “Culture of Safety” with the goal of meeting the requirements to apply for the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (Cal/SHARP) designation. Cal/SHARP – Construction applicants must demonstrate:
- A significantly lower risk for serious accidents than other worksites within the same industry
- Management commitment and employee involvement in safety and health management systems and
- Effectiveness of these programs in preventing and reducing accidents at the worksite.
Landmark’s commitment to ongoing safety training includes:
- OSHA required training for all employees
- OSHA 30 Training for all Supervisors
- OSHA 10 Training for all Foremen
- Annual Sacramento Building Exchange Safety Expo for all field personnel
- Weekly site safety tailgate topics for all site personnel and subcontractors
We would to thank each of you, your staff and your sub-contractors for the extraordinary commitment to excellence in construction.